Автор Тема: Помогите с пародиями Перчиков!  (Прочитано 3629 раз)

Оффлайн La fleur

• Уважаемый
Re:Помогите с пародиями Перчиков!
« Ответ #15 : Мая 13, 2011, 11:49:53 »
Вот тут тоже за собирательность образов пародии:

My question is about the "Dani California" video by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. I can tell some of the bands (Misfits, Beatles) that the band is dressed up as, but some of the other ones I can't. Do you know who all the bands are supposed to be?

Phil

Thanks for the question, man. There's a reason you can't tell who all the bands represented are in the "Dani California": it's because the Chili Peppers are meant to be dressed as certain styles of music, and not actual bands. But it's easy to get confused, because some of the costumes are very specific. Let's look into it.

Clip 1: Early rock ‘n' roll era, which was the period that brought us the great music from Sun Records. While Anthony Kiedis is obviously channeling Elvis Presley with his dancing, the band is more dressed up as an amalgamation of the rockabilly bands of the time, which would include folks from Johnny Cash to Bill Haley & the Comets.

Clip 2: British Invasion. The most noticeable nod is to The Beatles' appearance on "The Ed Sullivan Show", with the stage and equipment set up exactly the same. But the Chili Peppers are NOT the Beatles here. When the hell did the Beatles wear glasses? The accessories, like the "Beatle" boots and the big black glasses, were typical of many of the British Invasion bands of the early to mid-60's, like The Animals, Manfred Mann and Herman's Hermits.

Clip 3: Psychedlic. The clothes make the man in the psychedelic part of the video, and the funky multi-colored coats and wild hair can be attributed to anybody from Sgt. Peppers-era Beatles to Cream to the Jimi Hendrix Experience, though Anthony's long mustache is most likely a nod to the Peppers album cover. (Random fact: George Harrison's mustache was longest)

Clip 4: Funk. This clip is an obvious nod to 70's-era funk, a style of music that is at the heart of the Chilis' sound. Bands like Parliament, Funkadelic, UFO, Sly & The Family Stone and several others brought the style that is displayed here.

Clip 5: Glam. This clip features references to several 70's-era British glam rockers, with Flea dressed specifically as David Bowie and other members of the Chili Peppers resembling outcasts from the New York Dolls, Gary Glitter, and maybe even a little Queen.

Clip 6: Punk. This is a pretty obvious clip, featuring another style of rock near and dear to the Chili Peppers' hearts. The British flag and leather pants put you in mind of punk pioneers like The Sex Pistols, The Buzzcocks and The Clash. I'm surprised there was no reference to the Ramones in this clip, but I guess the band decided to take a more British stab at the genre.

Clip 7: Goth. Listen: The Chili Peppers are NOT dressed as the Misfits in this clip, but Anthony Kiedis is doing a pretty awesome Glenn Danzig as the frontman. Despite Kiedis' Danzig look, this is probably the most generic of all the clips, as the only other band that looks to be covered here is The Cure, and the costumes seem to be just "this is what goth looked like generally". You could also argue that the Misfits weren't really goth, for that matter.

Clip 8: 80's Metal, or Hair Metal if you will. This is probably the most fun clip of all of the videos parts, and the band is clearly having a ball. The spandex, make-up and big hair are a direct nod to the hilarious antics of 80's rockers like Poison, Cinderella, L.A. Guns, early Bon Jovi, I could go on and on.

Clip 9: Grunge. This is a pretty confusing clip, as it only draws on one bands performance, which is Nirvana's early 90's appearance on "MTV Unplugged". The candles and Kiedis' wig is pure Cobain, and John Frusciante is also dressed exactly like Cobain during the episode. This clip is one that helps fuel the misconception that the band is dressed as specific groups and not genres.

Clip 10: Red Hot Chili Peppers. Don't get confused! They're dressed as themselves at the end.